Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Princess & The Hound


Hello Everyone!!

I decided to have a blog on books I REALLY REALLY like or REALLY REALLY DISlike so that anyone knows whether or not to buy/read the book.

The first book i am going to start off with is 'The Princess and the Hound' by Mette Ivie Harrison.

I was encouraged to start this blog because of this author. She also has a website full of her recommendations on books that she likes, and I thought that was a really good idea!!

Here is her website. (not a very good layout, but I love her still!)

So here it is. The review.

This book was amazing. I LOVED IT. It is definitely a different kind of book, and I can't wait to read the other two in the series.

First of all, not many animal books are that good to me. But a couple of books that I have read with animals are really good! And this author can really write!!

This book stars the character Prince George. It starts with his childhood where he and you are first introduced to 'animal magic', which is what few people have in this books world. 'Animal magic' is when people can talk to animals, but people who don't have animal magic are scared of people who do have it, so there is much controversy in this book between the two types of people.

And then the book goes on to his later life where he must marry a princess to have a peace treaty with the other kingdom. The princess in this book also has secrets of her own...

All in all, this is a awesome book. It takes only a couple of days, or not even if you have a few hours of time. It's 410 pages.

I would say that this is a preteen book, but even older teens and adults would love this (I'm 20 and lovin' it).

Have fun readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment